Table of Contents
Here we are providing Cricket World Cup Winners – ICC World Cup. The ICC Cricket World Cup is a one-day international (ODI) international championship.
The event is being organized by the Sports Management Committee, the International Cricket Council (ICC) once in four years, and the preliminary qualification rounds lead to the final.
The match is one of the most-watched sporting events in the world and is considered by the ICC to be “the premier event of the international cricket calendar”.The first World Cup was organized in England on June 1975, and the first ODI was played four years ago.
The first three World Cups were held in England. Since the 1987 tournament, hosting has been shared between countries under an unofficial rotation, with fourteen ICC members competing in at least one of the matches.
Cricket World Cup Winners – ICC World Cup
ICC World Cup Winner List
- Australia 5 Times
- India 2 Times
- West Indies 2Times
- Sri Lanka 1 Time
- Pakistan 1 Time
Cricket World Cup History
- The first international cricket match was between Canada and the United States on September 24 and 25, 1844.
- However, the first impending Test match was between Australia and England in 1877, and both teams competed regularly for The Ashes in the following years.
- Great Britain was also included in the Olympic Games at the 1900 Paris Games, where Great Britain defeated France and won the gold medal.
- The number of countries playing Test cricket gradually increased over time, including the West Indies in 1928, New Zealand in 1930, India in 1932 and Pakistan in 1952.
- In the early 1960s, English county cricket teams began playing an abridged version of cricket that lasted only a day. Starting in 1962 with the knockout event of the four teams known as the Midlands Knock-Out Cup and continuing with the inaugural Gillette Cup in 1963, one-day cricket became popular in the UK.
- In 1969 a National Sunday League was formed. The first one-day international match was held on the fifth day of the rain-breaking Test match between England and Australia in Melbourne in 1971, to fill the available time and compensate for the frustrated crowd. It was a forty over, eight balls per over.
- The inaugural Cricket World Cup was hosted in 1975 by England, The first three events were held in England and officially known as the Prudential World Cup (1975–1983).
- The matches consisted of 60 six-ball overs per team, and players wearing cricket whites and using red cricket balls.
- The tournament was won by the West Indies, who defeated Australia by 17 runs in the final at Lord’s.
- This match is one of the most-watched sports events in the world.
- The 2011 Cricket World Cup final was broadcast to over 2.2 billion television viewers in more than 200 countries.
- Television rights, mainly for the 2011 and 2015 World Cups, were sold for US $ 1.1 billion, and sponsorship rights were sold for the further US $ 500 million. 626,845 attended the 2003 Cricket World Cup, and the 2007 Cricket World Cup sold 672,000 tickets.
- The 2015 World Cup sold over 1.1 million tickets.
list of cricket world cup winners since 1975 to 2019
Study Materials Download Here
I hope you like this article. If you have any queries regarding “Cricket World Cup Winners – ICC World Cup” please comment below. I glad to help you.